Rock Legend Heavy Medal

Rock Legend Heavy Medal
Win this and take all.

6/29/2010

RnR Seattle Half Review Part 1


June 26th - Seattle RnR Half Marathon

First of all, I just have to say that the weather was PERFECT! Nice and cool and overcast and I felt like I could run for days. As I may have mentioned previously, I wilt in the hot weather, but give me a cool and even drizzling day, and I am a rock star!

Okay, so back to the race.


Logistics: I was pleased to find there is a FREE light rail that runs from the expo / finish village back to most of the major downtown areas (like hotels), especially since parking will cost you your first born child and there was no real parking for the start or finish areas.
Race support: Not bad. I'm a little picky about my water and I was a little concerned about the source of the water on the course. It tasted 'off'. I had a bad experience at Rock 'n' Roll Phoenix Full marathon in 2009 and ever since then I've started to believe in carrying my own water. However the stations were well stocked - even as far as back I was (I crossed the start line about an hour after the start and averaged 12.7 min/mile).

More fun info to come!


No comments: